SS-100-10 - Stanless Steel Roto Brush for Cleaning structure, Deeper cleaning and adding base structure to the P-tex ski base.
Waxing Cross Country Skis using Plantraco Roto Brushes.
Think of Roto Brushing as a mechanized version of hand brushing your cross country skis - You will get great results in less time!
Brush Choice is just like hand brushing:
Metal brushes before waxing to impart base structure.
Bristle brushes after waxing and scraping to remove residual wax from the base structure
nylon vs horsehair, short or long bristles, roto cork, fibertex etc.
Stainless Steel Cleaning structure. Deeper cleaning and adding base structure to the P-tex ski base Brass Cleaning structure - removes oxidized or sealed base material and opens the "pores" so the base will accept and retain more wax- Follow with fibertex.
Horsehair stiff Brushing out harder waxes.
Black Nylon medium Brushing out softer waxes.
White Nylon soft Final polishing of wax or fluoro overlays.
1. Speed up the process of brushing your skis
2. Improve the effectiveness of brushing
3. Make your Skis faster!
Roto Brush Method:
1. Use light pressure, just the weight of the drill and brush is fine
2. Moderate drill speed to prevent melting or softening wax residue
3. Correct direction of rotation (back spin), running from tip to tail of the ski
4. Metal brushes (Brass, Stainless Steel) rotation less than 1000 RPM and use goggles for Eye Protection